Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
Company’s patent success rate, global reach recognized for fifth consecutive year
06 March 2019
Kyoto/London – Kyocera Corporation was recognized as one of the Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators 2018-19 by Clarivate Analytics, a Philadelphia-based global information solutions provider focusing on intellectual property and the sciences. Kyocera’s patent success rate and global reach were identified as outstanding, marking the fifth consecutive for Kyocera to receive this recognition. The award was presented at Kyocera headquarters in Kyoto, Japan.
The Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators awards have been presented annually since 2011 to recognize leading enterprises and research institutions for success in generating innovation. Honorees are selected by Clarivate Analytics after an analysis of intellectual property (IP) and patents using Clarivate’s original methodology.
Candidates are evaluated by patent and citation data across four main criteria: “Volume,” “Success,” “Globalization,” and “Influence.” Among these, Kyocera’s “Success” and “Globalization” led to its recognition among the top innovators.
Kyocera’s commitment to innovation has resulted in more than 18,000 patents*1 worldwide to date, as well as a deep respect for the IP rights of other companies and institutions. The company has established patent offices in Japan, the U.S., China, and Germany to maximize IP development and protection in its four principal business areas, which include the information & communications, automotive, environment & energy, and medical & healthcare markets. In May 2018, Kyocera launched its IP website to showcase its intellectual property and licensing programs. The site details various proprietary technologies cultivated through decades of research and development including “V2X” (vehicle to everything) solutions; a new silver alloy that maintains the original shine of silver jewelry over time; and a new coating technology that extends the life expectancy of artificial hip joints, to name a few recent innovations.
Kyocera also recently received two awards for mobile phone designs: the “2018 Good Design Award” honoring the Kyocera “BASIO® 3” smartphone for seniors; and the prestigious iF DESIGN AWARD 2019 for the Kyocera DuraForce PRO 2 — the only rugged 4G LTE smartphone with a Super Wide View 4K Action Camera and virtually scratchproof Sapphire Shield Display.
Methodology of Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators
Clarivate Analytics surveys four main criteria to select the Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators. Details are available at: https://clarivate.com/top100innovators/methodology/
*1 Based on research by Kyocera (as of February 2019).
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Kenichi Hara
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Important Safety Warning regarding Paper Feeder (PF-410).
- Important field information regarding A3 Mono Copier.
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA launches new line-up of secure and user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award