Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
The leading Japanese ceramic manufacturer, which has consistently brought high-tech ceramics to the market, will demonstrate its expertise again at Hannover Messe 2019 which is taking place from April 1st to 5th.
27 March 2019
Kyoto/London - For the third time in a row, Kyocera is showcasing its advanced solutions in the field of fine ceramics at Hannover Messe, the world's leading trade fair for industrial technology. Following the successful appearances of the past two years, Kyocera is going to highlight cordierite this year, in addition to its broad range of products and technologies. Kyocera has been working on this innovative cordierite material since two decades and continues to develop it further.
Cordierite is distinguished by its low coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) and versatility in machining it into highly complex parts. The weight of the designed components can be reduced by almost 70 percent when compared to that of conventional low CTE glass, as a slim and highly rigid ribbed structure can be made in cordierite – while still maintaining the high strength of the material. The properties of this extremely low expansion ceramic make it particularly suitable for components used in semiconductor process equipment and applications in the fields of space and astronomy. As an example, cordierite is used in the camera lens structures of telescopes used in astronomy due to its outstanding properties enabling minimal deformation due to temperature fluctuations.
A comparison of material properties
|Unit||Glass with low CTE||Cordierite Ceramic (CO720)|
|Density||g / cm³||2.53||2.55|
|CTE||ppm / K||0.02||0.02|
Fine ceramic components from eight industry categories
As one of the world's leading suppliers of fine ceramic components, Kyocera will also be presenting its other technical ceramic materials and components at Hannover Messe, which are applied in a total of eight industry categories: Bio- and environmental sciences, vacuum components, semiconductors, electronics, sapphire, information technology, mechanical engineering, and the automotive industry. Kyocera offers around 200 different formulations and compositions of ceramics such as aluminium oxide, aluminium nitride, cermet, forsterite, mullite, sapphire, silicon carbide, silicon nitride, yttrium oxide, and zirconium oxide. Kyocera’s wide range of technologies in the field of process technology; from dry pressing technology, cold and hot isostatic pressing, injection moulding and foil casting to multi-layer components and metallization of ceramics, will also be on display in Hannover.
Kyocera Booth Outline
|Exhibition||Hannover Messe 2019|
|Date||onday, April 1 – Friday, April 5, 2019|
|Location||Hannover Exhibition Grounds, Germany, Hall 3, Stand L01|
You can download all pictures related to this press release under the following link:
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Ryota Miyoshi
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Important Safety Warning regarding Paper Feeder (PF-410).
- Important field information regarding A3 Mono Copier.
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA launches new line-up of secure and user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.