KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
06 December 2017
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – 6 December, 2017: KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V. (Kyocera) has announced that its new A3 multifunctional products (MFPs), the ECOSYS M8130cidn and ECOSYS M4132idn, have been awarded the Good Design Award 2017 by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion (JDP).
The judges recognised not only the products’ attractive appearance and the design team’s attention to detail, but also the overall functionality, especially in relation to ease of maintenance. This is achieved through the unitisation of all maintenance related components and cloud-based technology that optimises service cycles to prevent device downtime.
Focusing on usability, the products demonstrate design ingenuity due to the shapes and colours used for the interactive parts, and also boast high visibility achieved through labeling and the allocation of symbols. In addition, the MFPs are compatible with Wi-Fi Direct and NFC as standard in order to ensure flexible connectivity. The products can also be seamlessly integrated with enterprise IT systems to enhance document workflow and content services platforms.
Furthermore, the products’ compact body (590 mm wide x 590 mm deep) has a design that makes the machines look sleek from any angle, even from the back. Consequently, the product can be installed not only against a wall, but also beside a desk or in the centre of an office, expanding office layout possibilities.
Receiving the Good Design Award is an endorsement of Kyocera’s approach to developing products with close attention not only to performance, but also to design and usability. Kyocera’s mission is to help establish an environment in which customers can engage in document management processes more intuitively and comfortably, creating more harmonious and productive workspaces.
About The Good Design Award
The Good Design Award is a comprehensive design-promotion system that picks good design out of a variety of unfolding phenomena, and aims to enrich our lives, industries, and society as a whole by highlighting and celebrating these works. It is hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion, a public interest incorporated foundation. Recipients of a Good Design Award are granted use of the G Mark symbol, which has been an emblem of good design for over half a century.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA TO BUILD THIRD PLANT AT VIETNAM SITE TO INCREASE PRODUCTION CAPACITY
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA CONTINUES GROWTH IN DATA MANAGEMENT WITH ACQUISITION OF SOFTWARE PROVIDER ALOS
- KYOCERA MAKES PRINTING EASIER WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA’S ECOLOGY COMMITMENT LEADS TO GREEN DESIGNATION OF 99% OF PRODUCTS
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe