Introducing KYOCERA Capture Manager – The New Scanning and Capture Software Solution for Businesses
01 October 2018
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – 1 October, 2018: KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe, one of the world’s leading document solutions organisations, has announced the launch of KYOCERA Capture Manager (KCM), a new tool to help optimise businesses workflows through data capturing.
KCM assists organisations in the automation of workflows through the capture, process, classification and routing of important data from documents of all types, whether they are scanned from paper or received digitally via email, web or mobile. Through the elimination of manual processes – such as reading and typing information and sending to the correct person or business system – more time can be allocated to important tasks, allowing business processes to be optimised.
Once captured, KCM intelligently identifies and classifies the type of document, extracting the required information and making the data ready for other systems to process. Routing of the data is automated on a system such as financial or accounting software, network storage or cloud services such as OneDrive or Dropbox.
KCM uses the Tesseract and ABBYY OCR systems to ensure the highest quality scanning and data extraction. The software is now available in two versions: Lite and Pro, whilst both versions can run independently of KYOCERA or other brands of multifunctional printers.
Michael Powell, Expert Software Product Management, KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe said: “Organisations are increasingly looking to intelligent systems to improve operational efficiency. KCM does exactly this, helping businesses of all sizes to automate the extraction of data from every type of document, improving the speed and accuracy of critical business processes.”
“KCM provides a comprehensive suite of products that allows business decision-makers to choose the specific capture solution that best suits their needs. The software’s rich feature set makes it perfect for businesses of all types – from those with the most straightforward of needs to others with the most demanding and complex processes.”
Additional features of KCM include:
- Image correction and noise reduction.
- Format conversion and output to MS Office format.
- Form recognition, structured and unstructured document classification.
- Automatic rule validation.
- Workflow editor, FullText and zonal OCR.
- Barcode, Mark Sheet and handwriting reading.
- Access Control by User Management.
The technology enables businesses to optimise processes, providing connectors and outputs to the most commonly used storage sources by business users such as SharePoint, Email Servers, External Databases via open database connectivity (ODBC), FTP servers and commonly used public clouds. By offering connectors and outputs to store in databases, other solutions can also be supported such as Document Management Solutions (DMS), Enterprise Content Management Solutions (ECM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Information Exchange Platforms (IEP).
For more information on KCM, please visit: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/index/document_solutions/capturedistribution/kyocera_capture_manager.html
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. KYOCERA’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2018, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion).
For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- KYOCERA launches new line-up of secure and user-friendly A3 TASKalfa devices
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA steps up expansion strategy with Czech acquisition