Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
22 November 2018
Kyoto/Birmingham - In 1984, Kyocera was one of the first companies in the world to begin manufacturing and selling kitchen knives with blades made from fine ceramics. Since then, Kyocera has been continually enhancing the material technology and design of its ceramic kitchen tools, developing its product range with various colours and styles, expanding its sales network, and converting customers around the world to fans of ceramic kitchen tools. Recently the popularity of Kyocera’s knives has been growing even more rapidly, with total shipments since 1984 surpassing over 10 million units (as of March 2013).
The key to the success of Kyocera’s ceramic kitchen tools, which include knives, peelers and slicers, are blades made of Zirconia ceramic, which are extremely hard, sharp, and corrosion-free. The exceptionally sharp blades enable an ultra-precise and wafer-thin cut, and ensure extremely long-lasting cutting properties. In addition, the smell and taste of food is not altered, since no metallic ions can be transferred. The combination of ergonomic handles with the astonishingly low weight of the ceramic blade reduces the effects of fatigue, even during lengthy periods of cutting or slicing.
Furthermore, Kyocera’s long-term experience in ceramic coating technology has resulted in the development of our newest product range; the insulated travel mug collection, which features a practical and durable ceramic interior coating. This prevents metallic ion transferal into the drinks, so that the original flavor is never impaired, and effectively prevents stains or corrosion. The specialized ceramic coating also helps maintain the temperature of the beverage inside, making sure your drink stays as hot or cold as you need it to, when you need it to.
To ensure the longest lifespan for your ceramic knives, here are some useful tips:
- Ceramic knives are ideal for straight cutting of fruits, vegetables and boneless meats. Never attempt to cut frozen foods.
- Use with wooden or plastic cutting boards.
- Kyocera ceramic knives are dishwasher-safe. Make sure that the blade is not exposed to accidental impact from other items in the dishwasher.
- When cutting firm vegetables, such as cabbage or squashes, make sure never to ‘tilt’ or ‘twist’ the blade.
Contact for further product information:
Mr. Oliver Pinnow
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA steps up expansion strategy with Czech acquisition
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
- KYOCERA introduces a new 12.1” WXGA LCD Module for Off Highway Applications
- KYOCERA at AMB 2018: a world premiere and a number of new products
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Full-Spectrum LED Aquarium Lighting
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tags for tool tracking in Aerospace industry